Before you apply...
Melon Development is a new, expanding company that works with top talent in the gaming industry. Working with us, you can expect to partner with many clients with many projects in mind. Hours are flexible and contractors work remotely.
Before you submit an application, take some time to curate a portfolio of your previous work. These can be YouTube videos, websites, and profiles on sites like GitHub or BitBucket. It's also important that your portfolio showcases your experience in all areas of the Qualifications section of the job you're replying for. Due to the amount of applications we receive for each job listing, we only have time to reply to those that meet our minimum requirements.
In your application email, there's no need to re-iterate details about yourself that are already covered in your Resume. Your email should act as a brief introduction about yourself and the details of the position you're applying for. Let your experiences and portfolio speak for themselves!
Melon Development is hiring a backend web developer with experience working on services used by thousands. Your primary focus will be on the development of all server-side logic, maintenance of the central database schema, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness of requests from the front-end. You will be responsible for documenting your logic and endpoints for other team members to take advantage of your applications.
- Conceptualizing and planning feature implementation into a restful API core.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions such as MySQL, Redis, Mongo, and more
- Document and deploy details on applications for both internal and public use
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (and an understanding of how they work)
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies: HTML, CSS, and JS
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Strong knowledge of common web server exploits and their solutions
- Familiarity of the limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Proficient understanding with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Experience working with other backend languages, such as NodeJS, Ruby, and Java
- Experience working with user authentication and authorization over many servers, systems, and environments
- Experience working with Cloud hosting providers and taking advantage of their benefits (Google Cloud, AWS, etc.)
- A love of gaming!
Music on Us
PAID FOR SPOTIFY (OR EQUIVILENT)
(After 3 months)
Enjoy RANDOM pizza parties, because why not?
Since work is client oriented, you'll almost always have something new and different to work on
Company google account with unlimited storage
Meet Melon development partners and clients in-person
(AFTER 1 YEAR)
No Set Schedules
FLEXIBLE HOURS & DAYS OFF
The Hiring Process
To ensure that all potential team members are a good fit with us, and that they can perform the job to the standards that we strive to achieve, we have a hiring process in place:
- Submit an application with all the required details and it enters our application queue.
- Our executive team reviews each application to ensure that the minimum requirements for the position are met. If you do not meet the minimum requirements, you unfortunately will not receive a reply.
- Potential applicants will be invited to participate in a vocal interview with one of our executive team members.You'll be asked questions regarding your past experience, other life commitments, and your professional goals. You'll also be asked to complete a task similar to one you'd encounter in the real position you're applying for. Applicants who do not end up being a good fit from this point forward will always receive a response regarding their application.
- If the previous interview goes well and the task is completed successfully, you'll be invited to participate in a final, vocal technical interview. We'll ask questions regarding your thought process, decisions, and any remaining questions we may have about you. A member of our team with a similar role you're applying for may be present as well to ask additional questions. We ask that applicants set aside up to an hour for this part of the interview.
- We'll review all parts of your application and both vocal interviews and come up with a final decision. If we think you'd be a good fit we'll contact you one last time with our offer and an invitation to join us.
We try to complete all steps of the hiring process as quickly as possible, but we ask all applicants to allow us up to a month to go through the entire thing.
Ready to Apply?
In order to be able to respond to everyone, we ask that all applicants meet at least the required qualifications for the position you're applying for. In order to work with us, you need to be willing to sign a contractor agreement, non-disclosure agreement, and have the ability to fill out a W-9 Form (or equivalent for your country of residence).
In your email, include the following information:
- In the subject field: The name of the position you're applying for, and whether it's full time or part time.
- Previous work and references that relate to the position you're applying for
- An up-to-date copy of your resume
- Your favorite ice cream flavor. This is the more important part, obviously.
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to working with you.