Say Hi to Hyper
Your server software is the groundwork for your project. Your players can't enjoy a great experience if it's focused on tasks that may not relate to your minigame or project. HyperSpigot optimizes many frequently used functions of your server software, enables configuration of usually hidden features, and provides your developers the control they've been missing.
HYPER PERFORMANCE, IT'S NOT JUST THE NAME
Hyper is inspired by PaperSpigot, so performance is built into the core. Additional advanced features such as asynchronous packet management allow your scoreboards and particle effects to be delivered through without a hitch.
LET THE PACKETS FLOW, EXCEPT THE BAD ONES
Using plugins to put a bandage on crash exploits isn't a solution; patching it at the core of your server is. Hyper is built with preventions to some of the most common crash exploits used by the bad guys.
DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS
Additional APIs and events grant your development team access to more controls then they ever would have been provided with their standard Spigot install.
If something is missing, just reach out and we'll do our best to integrate the control you're looking for.
Delving into the details...
- Hopper mechanics adjusted, improves performance for servers that have lots of redstone savvy-players
- Asynchronous Packet Handling - Most packets sent from the server to your players will not hold up your primary thread
- Patches an exploit with books that can be used to crash servers
- Improvements for entity activation checks, improves performance for servers that have lots of mobs
- Usage of Concurrent HashMaps throughout the project to make the server overall more thread-safe
- Prevents look-ups of useless game profiles
- Adjustments to prevent Network Manager blocking
- Built-in prevention for rapid redstone clocks using torches
- Optimizations for ChatComponents
- Optimizations relating to chunk access
- Improved memory usage by using one shared Random instance for all entities
- Adjustments to mob spawn logic
- ... and much more
Have questions about how Hyper will perform in your situation? Just ask!
What else is included?
- License to Hyper to use on one production server and 2 development servers. (Bundle pricing is available for large networks) (At this time, Hyper is only available for MC version 1.8.9)
- Free updates to every release of Hyper for as long as your license is activated
- Access to a Slack channel within our workspace for support, suggestions, and other feedback
- The ability to request custom features that would normally require altering your own server jar
Ready to upgrade?
HyperSpigot is included with our Management 24/7 package, or can be licensed separately. Contact us for details.
All licenses include complimentary updates, which mean you will always have the latest optimizations, crash fixes, and APIs for your team to explore.